Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Vera Project 04/28/2012



Last night the Vera project was turned into a bass-heavy dance floor for an acid fueled drum circle escapee. Really though, last night was great. A lot of young kids with a lot to say. The performances were all great. I'd only heard of half of the names on the list and I was really unsure what to expect.


Key Nyata

This dude killed it. Sometimes you worry about people not living up to their recordings just because of the content (pitch fixing, sound quality) but Key Nyata did not fail to deliver. In fact, he came the fuck through. This kid is only going to excel if he keeps it up. If you ever have a chance to see him live, take it. And keep an eye out for the all the klan heads.




Kung Foo Grip
I've seen this name around town a lot, and I've met the dudes on a couple of different occasions although I'd never heard them up until last night. I was blown away though. There was one track that had me a little confused at first, it was so slow and spacey it didn't seem like I was at a hip hop show. Then the bass dropped and I was ripped back to reality as the crowd erupted being propelled by the music. It was fucking perfect. These guys are definitely an act to keep an eye on.

Check out their newest release Indigo Children here.

Oh and a shout out to Codebreakers. Their performance was solid. I got a chance to talk to Dat New Ager 90 about his view on some up and coming musicians and how he felt about artists these days and what he was saying only had me more interested in what these guys are doing.




TeeGee
This dude was cool, but was hard to get close to. (he keeps a close posse) His performance was good, although I didn't know it was just one person. His recorded tracks are on point, but I'd like to see him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment